A. Meeting Agendas
* Request input from the members of the Management Committee (Executives) for the agenda for general as well as management meeting. This request should go out 5-7 days ahead of the meeting with a turnaround deadline of 2 days before the meeting.
* Prepare meeting agenda, incorporating input from the Executives, and email it to them 1-2 days ahead of the meeting.
B. Minutes of Meetings
* Take notes and prepare, within a couple days of the meeting, minutes of the Management Committee meetings and Annual General Meeting.
* Send out minutes to Executives for their review and comments. ,
* Amend meeting minutes to incorporate review comments. Publish meeting minutes along with the agenda of the next Management Committee meeting.
* Request approval of the minutes of the immediate past meeting at the Management Committee meeting.
* Once approved, print and file a hard copy of the minutes, along with the Treasurer’s reports, for the Club’s record.
C. Members’ Application Forms
* Receive from the Membership Chair the completed and approved membership applications (of new members) and file them alphabetically for the Club’s record.
D. Sympathy and Get-well Card
* When notified by an Executive, generally the President and the Newsletter Chair, write and mail sympathy and get-well cards to the members. The guidelines for sending these cards are as follows:
* Get-well card to a member who has a serious illness or a major procedure
* Sympathy card to a member for the loss of his/her spouse or a child (immediate family)
E. Safekeeping of Club’s Record/Archive
* Keep Club’s record in a safe place. The Club’s record includes:
* Membership application forms
* Certification of Incorporation of the Club
* Constitution and By-Laws
* Agenda and minutes of meetings
* Approved Budget and Treasurer’s Reports
* Recognition awards and certificates received by the Club
* Encourage recruiting of new members as determined by the President and the limitation on membership
* Review and update the Club process for membership application
* Inform the Management team monthly of the number of applications for membership on the wait list.
* Receive applications for membership
* Receive membership payments (i.e. new members and renewals) and forward to Treasurer for deposit
* Inform Management team of new members
* Advise newsletter editor of additions/deletions to newsletter distribution list
* Order name badges for new members
* Organize and maintain membership list to be available to members on club website
* Attend monthly General Meetings to answer membership queries and distribute name badges
* Attend monthly Management Meetings to report on membership numbers and related items
* Prepare a "tentative" event calendar for the year. E.g. Christmas and other annual event plans. Seek membership input for event ideas. Arrange events at least once a month.
* Organizes social events outside regular monthly meetings.
* Plans should include discussion regarding venue, meal choices and entertainment
* Planning and preparing a budget for each event.
* Budgeting should include expenses for bus/transportation, meals and accommodations (if overnight)
* Describe upcoming events to membership at monthly meetings.
* Have sign-up sheets available at monthly meetings for each event.
* Printing, selling and collecting monies for tickets at general meetings.
* Periodically conducting a survey with the Club members (may be part of a club general survey) in order to understand cross a section of our member's interests and/or recommendations.
* Keep the newsletter editor and Webmaster informed of future events for inclusion in the monthly bulletin and Website so members can plan well in advance.
* Provide general meeting report to members 2nd Thursday each month
* Attend management meetings held 4th Thursday of each month
* Organizes Christmas luncheon. Organizes & handles the sale of tickets.
* Provides a final count for booking based on the number of paid tickets by a set deadline
GROUP ACTIVITIES CHAIR
* Facilitates the establishment and promotion of new interest groups as suggested by Club members
* Solicits leaders for Interest Groups
* Helps to resolve issues if group leaders should require assistance
* Provides activity sign-up sheets as needed to determine membership participation interest
* Interest groups are considered launched once a Leader/Host or an interim leader is appointed. The groups then operate autonomously
* The Group Activities Chair gathers information from the various group leaders in order to maintain a current log of Interest Group activities
* At monthly club meetings and at Management Team meetings, the Chair provides updates and arranges for Group Leaders to speak as required
* Submits newsletter input to the newsletter chair about Interest Groups that are new and/or requiring a leader to be assigned
* The Interest Group Chair informs leaders that it is their responsibility to:
* Determine their groups venue and meeting frequency
* Establish rules, membership eligibility and group size
* Be aware that any costs and outlays are the sole responsibility of the Interest Group to manage
* Send monthly input and updates to the newsletter Chair for newsletter publication, copy the Interest Group Chair for awareness
* Interact with the Social Events chairperson when activities or events may affect or involve the general Probus membershipt
* Develop and maintain an up to date club website
* Core content including:
* PROBUS Overview including constitution and by-laws
* Management Team contact information
* Calendar of key meetings and events
* Group Interests, Social Events and Speaker schedules
* Photo Gallery
* Membership list which is password protected